Tuesday 26 October 2010

yummy mummy Corinne from Style My Party...

Corinne recently launched her own business, Style My Party, and I am so delighted to have her as our guest blogger, not only to share her amazing story but also the fabulous garden party of her daughter’s 1st birthday.

I am totally smitten by all the details of Ava’s party. This amazing {garden party} is chock full of girly loveliness. I would imagine the lucky birthday girl Ava was in heaven.

I love the soft color palette of candy pink, ruby red and a touch of crisp white. The small garden touches including butterflies, ladybugs and poppies are just too precious. The sweets table featured an adorable cupcakes styled with cupcake toppers {designed by Corinne}, pink & white marshmallows, yummy red jaffa’s, mushroom shaped gummy candy in a lovely pale pink colour and loads more eye candy. All the party printables are designed by the super talented Corrine. From party banner, cupcake toppers to dessert buffet labels.

Style my party seeks to provide ideas & inspiration to help you create fabulous & memorable children’s parties & baby showers, because when everything else is gone, the wonderful memories will remain. A special thank you to Corinne for sharing this charming garden party & her amazing story with us {interview below}. Be sure to check out more of Corinne's amazing work on her website. xx

{stunning dessert table - styled by Corinne}

{delicious cupcakes}
{yummy mashmallows}

{pretty polka dot lolly bags with thank you tag - designed by Corinne}

{welcome to Ava's party sign - designed by Corinne}

{lovely party invitations - designed by Corinne}

{Gorgeous little Ava}

Tell us a little about YOU, the woman behind “Style My Party”?
I am married to an amazing man, who cooks for me every night.. and i am a mum to the most precious little girl.. they both make my heart melt
I am a neat freak, a born organiser, and a perfectionist.. you could even say a little anal.. !

When did you launch your business?
Would you believe i havent officially launched yet! Its all happened a lot sooner than i anticipated or imagined. But i am greatful for the amazing support i have already received and hope it continues.. Im thinking of hosting a launch party in 2011 - So be sure to keep an eye out for details.

What was your inspiration for starting your own business & who/what inspires your work?
I think it all started 4 years ago when i started planning my wedding.. I LOVED the whole process.. so much so, that i helped my sister & 2 close friends organise their wedding, at the same time i was organising my own. (can you believe i still buy bride to be mags)
I even got a job with a huge wedding function company... I love event styling,i love the whole process.. plus im an organisational freak, so i enjoy taking on the 'stress' of other people and helping them achieve what they are after...But now that i have a little girl, and have the joy of watching her grow - i couldnt imagine anything better than bringing her parties to life...

My business isnt limited just to "kids" parties.. I also offer Dessert table/styling for all those major events in our lives... {engagements, weddings, baby showers etc etc}

What is the most satisfying part of what you do?
Seeing the "Dessert Table" exactly how i pictured it!
I generally spend the whole week, dreaming & visualising how i want it to turn out.. I live & breath each party/dessert table i create..So its very nice seeing the table come to life.I ts also really lovely to see the mums so happy, and the kids are besides themselves!!

What was the most rewarding thing that has happened in your career so far?
Im not sure that it has happened yet?! But being featured on Kate Landers blog has so far been the hightlight.. And of course being a 'yummy mummy' on the beautiful My Little Jedi blog :-)

Can you tell us your favourite handmade item you have brought recently?
It would have to be some hair clips i bought for my daughter for her birthday, from Bliss Clips. Very pretty!

What are your long term goals for your business?
I have alot of ideas, that i hope will take place next year.. so you'll just have to keeping watching..

Do you have a favourite colour palette that you absolutely love ?
Goodness.. this is a hard one..
~ I love the turquoise/red/white theme - you inspired me from a recent xmas post.. & have made me change my whole xmas theme.

~I also love aqua & pink - I have a "alice in wonderland" theme booked for December - so im thinking of those colours..
~ Grey and yellow - especially for a baby shower...

Seriously there are TOO many colour palettes.. i love them all.

What is your favourite girl and boy party theme at the moment?
For a {girl} - i love the thought of a vintage tea party.. there are SO many things you can do
For a {boy} - I so love the nautical theme - that could be because i just styled one a few weeks back..

What is your favourite place in the world?
Anywhere my family is.. they are my world - so as long as i have my two very special loves with me i dont care where i am.. But i do have a soft spot for Thailand..

Info:
Email

Website

♥ Blog {coming soon}

Facebook

Twitter

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

{it's always nice to hear from you}