Tuesday 27 March 2012

Charming Mother's Day by Ruby Ju


Bec said: Mothers Day is a day that I love to share with my family, especially with my mother, grandmother and sister. It is really special to have the three generations of mother’s altogether. Our Mothers day celebrations are often spent relaxing, and eating good food and pausing to take a moment and appreciate the beauty of motherhood itself.

The inspiration for my Mothers day dessert table evolved from a yellow and gold teacup that my grandmother gave me years ago.  Yellow isn’t a colour I choose often but I think that it lends itself to a dessert table beautifully. 

The desserts chosen for the table were all hand made from recipes that we all love and grew up with plus a few new favorites such as lemon & poppy seed cake pops and lemon meringue macarons.  The old time favorites included my mother’s citrus bundt cakes, nanna’s vanilla bean biscuits and my sister’s lemon cupcakes.

The table was finished with handmade decorations that were relaxed and easy, made to flow with the feel of the day. The tags were hand crafted using different patterned papers and just a few simple embellishments. The daisy chain, also created with different pretty papers, was a reflection of those days spent crafting with my mother and sister as a child. Flowers were added into little cream pourers to brighten up the table and, in celebration of some pretty amazing women, a splash of glamour was added with touches of gold glitter and some gold tassel bunting.








Photography: www.rubyju.com.au

post signature

3 comments:

{it's always nice to hear from you}