Tuesday 20 March 2012

Easter Family Brunch



What a better way to start the autumn season than with a lovely family Easter brunch, complete with all the trimmings as it very much part of our family tradition.  At Easter time we have a family get together for my father’s names day. When I was a child, Easter was always celebrated at our house with our immediate family and close friends. I believe Easter season has to be one of the most wonderful times of the year. What makes is even more special this year is that my son is old enough to understand what the Easter bunny and egg hunt is all about.

The concept of having a swing table has been pondering in my head for quite some time now and I really wanted to execute it. Finding the perfect tree to hang the table was a challenge and after searching for the perfect location, I chose the beautiful park overlooking the water at Lilli Pilli. The look I was going for was simple, relaxed and chic so I tried to incorporate my love for vintage and rustic décor throughout, in keeping within the theme. The twig wreath centerpiece tied in nicely with the theme and also highlighted the lovely blooms and made them pop. It’s no secret, the cross stitch fabric is one of my favourite and I had to use it as a table runner. While searching for the right dinnerware I came across the beautiful silhouette plates from BHLDN and I was instantly smitten. To go with the rustic décor I used gold plated cutlery, wooden slabs, bow tie napkins and watercolour menu’s. It all came together beautifully at the end.

I feel so blessed to be able to work with Dewi and Nicole again. I kept the styling simple and organic which ensures that nothing distracts you from the mouth-watering rustic cakes and sweet bunny macarons made with love by the talented Dewi which were displayed beautifully in the vintage mirrored cabinet. And after every shoot, when it’s all over and the last of the cake crumbs hit the floor, we are left with the most amazing photos, thanks to the uber talented Nicole who captured every single detail magnificently. I am over the moon with that out Easter table setting was featured on Amy Atlas today!  

Have a wonderful Easter! xx  

Concept & styling – My Little Jedi – www.mylittlejedi.com.au
Cakes and macarons – Sweet Bloom Cakes – www.sweetbloomcakes.com.au
Centre of Attention Photography - http://www.centreofattentionphotography.com.au/
Galvanized cake stands – 96 Styles - www.96styles.com.au

post signature

1 comment:

{it's always nice to hear from you}