Jacki said: Find your favourite Pavlova recipe, or use the one below, and made a few quick and easy changes to the way it is put together and you have a Pavlova Tree or a Pavlova in a jar – great to serve on Christmas day and for party favours for your guests.
6 egg whites (room temperature)
330 gms caster sugar
1 tbs cornflour
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
25gms cocoa powder
6 Ferrero chocolates, crushed
600mls thickened cream
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1/3 cup icing sugar
Pistacchio nuts, hulled and crushed
Punnet of blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 140°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the caster sugar. Continue beating until meringue is thick and glossy, about 5-7 minutes. Sift cocoa powder into meringue and fold in the crushed ferrero chocolates.
3. If making the pavlova tree, spoon the meringue mixture into rounds on your baking paper using different sizes circles. This will achieve the Christmas tree cone shape. Make as many rounds as you like and make the tree as high or wide as you like.
4. Put the trays in the oven and immediately lower the temperature to 120°C. Depending in the size of your shells the cooking time will take between 1 and 1½ hours. Keep checking. The shells will be ready when the surfaces are hard. Turn the oven off and leave the door ajar until the oven is cooled.
5. To make chantilly cream, beat thickened cream together with the scraped vanilla bean and icing sugar until stiff peaks are achieved.
6. To assemble, get your favourite cake stand and place a small blob of cream on the stand and start layering the pavlova shells, with the larger circles on the bottom and work your way up. In between each layer, pipe the chantilly cream with sprinkle with the pistachio nuts and blueberries. Top the tree with a swirl of cream and a luscious blueberry.
Recipe by Jacki of Blissfully Sweet Cakes - www.blissfullysweetcakes.blogspot.com
Photography by Leanne of Sweet Style - www.sweetstyle.com.au