Wednesday 7 December 2011

All that {Glitters in Gold}


The holiday season is upon us and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than sharing this glamorous and sparkly issue of My Little Jedi Online Magazine. The inspiration behind the front cover shoot came about from my love of glitter and being able to celebrate Christmas during summer. How I picture an Australian Christmas, well just imagine Santa's cap floating in a swimming pool on a sunny day or making a snow man from beach sand with a seagull sitting on his sun hat.

Shades of blush, peach and gold paired with the sweetest touches of lace, tulle and glitter was the perfect inspiration for a completely festive celebration. Well, all I can say that lately I have been going GAGA over everything that sparkles! I wanted to create something glamorous, whimsical and dreamy and instead of using candy, I filled up the jars with gold, hot pink and pale pink glitter dust which made an enormous statement on the dessert table!

From glitter cakes, mini glitter macarons, sweet Christmas tree cookies and pink/gold glitter ruffle macaron tower, the table was bursting with shimmer and sparkle. Dewi used her magic wand and created the fabulous sequins inspired ombre cake! The table was adorned with a gorgeous confetti system tassel garland in the shades of pink, peach and gold and let’s not forget the heavenly ocean backdrop which complimented the dessert table beautifully. 

I utterly enjoyed working with Dewi of SweetBloom Cakes and Nicole of Centre of Attention Photography; they helped me bring to life the vision that I had of styling the perfect dessert table for the MLJ Christmas issue. Dewi created the most magical cakes and macarons and Nicole captured every tiny detail magnificently. Also, Denin made the perfect Christmas tree cookies which tied well with the rest of the theme. Lastly, i would like to thank Amy Atlas and her team for featuring my dessert table today, i feel very honoured!  xx











Stying: www.mylittlejedi.com.au
Cakes and macarons: www.sweetbloomcakes.com.au
Photography: www.centreofattentionphotography.com.au
Christmas tree cookies: www.spoonandfork.com.au 

post signature

2 comments:

{it's always nice to hear from you}