Monday 17 January 2011

Meet Kate from {Snow Write}

Inspired by the love of beautiful things, desire for something unique and passionate about design, I am so delighted to introduce you to our lovely new sponsor Kate from Snow Write. Having a serious stationary addiction, Kate created a beautiful range of designer vintage-inspired greeting cards and invitations.

Take a pen and write a short note to a friend or loved one. Snow Write stationery range allows you send a special message with your gift. I would like to invite you to send a note of thanks to a friend, relative or colleague. Make sure you visit {Snow Write’s} website to brighten up someone's day and make the world a little bit more beautiful.

I would like to thank the lovely Kate being our guest on our MLJ blog and giving our readers a little insight of Snow Write. Enjoy the interview below xx




Tell us a little about YOU, the woman behind “Show Write”?
I am a Brisbane based designer who absolutely adores the arts. I studied at the Queensland College of Art in Brisbane and when I was young I told my Mum I’d either be an “Egyptologist” or an “artist”! (People realised early on I was a little quirky! ;-) ). I live with my wonderfully supportive partner, James. I love to make and create and am addicted to all things design and paperie.

When did you launch your business?
I only just launched Snow Write (fairytale stationery) recently in 2010.

If you could describe your style in 3 words what would that be?
Vintage, colourful and pretty.

What was your inspiration for starting your own business & who/what inspires your work?
I was inspired to start my business when I realised design is something I wanted to do full time. I saw Snow Write as a wonderful career direction and the perfect way to let the colourful and creative sides of me out into this world. I am inspired by everything surrounding me but I am mostly inspired by the good ol’ “olden” days – which is why all things colourful and vintage can be seen in my designs.
This is another reason I started a stationery design business – so I could help keep traditional paper traditions alive in this e-mail and text message driven world. And last but not least, I am inspired by the many other incredible women out there who have taken a gamble and started their own business, too.

What is the most satisfying part of what you do?
Apart from working with my fantastic clients, it would have to be waking up every day and being simply creative, and sharing that creativity with others. Creativity is often lost in adult worlds, so it’s nice to keep that little bit of inner child with me every day.

What was the most rewarding thing that has happened in your career so far?
To date, I would have to say being able to donate to charity through Snow Write and help others that I might not otherwise have been able to. I think the most rewarding things are always yet to happen though – which is why I have everything to look forward to!

Can you tell us your favourite handmade item you have bought recently?
A lovely headband fascinator I bought for my niece from Little Miss Fascinated.

What are the secrets of running a successful business? What are your long term goals?
Snow Write is quite young in the business world and is growing and learning every day. The secret so far seems to be to never stop learning new things and have a lot of perseverance.

Name three brands you couldn’t live without? and why?
I love my Shanghai Tang handbag – I get compliments all the time about it. I’ve recently discovered Cath Kidston in the last couple of days – absolutely gorgeous style. My Apple iPhone – my partner James says I’m addicted to it (probably true).
I don’t tend to want for labels in fashion or otherwise, but rather colour and style – wether that means something vintage, a designer label, or a no-name brand.

Describe your prefect Sunday?
A sleep in then croissants for breakfast. Then relaxing and watching movies and eating delicious food all day with my partner!

Tell us your favourite colour palette?
I can’t ever choose just one as I wouldn’t be me, (and Snow Write wouldn’t be Snow Write) without colour! Some I love would be Tiffany Blue/ Chocolate Brown; Blue/Orange ; Pink/Turquoise (like the new look Snow Write website). Basically, if it has lots of colour in it I love it!

What is your favourite holiday destination?
This one is easy – Vietnam. I travelled South East Asia two years ago with a friend and absolutely adored it. The food, culture and history there is absolutely amazing.


Info:
Email: kate@snowwrite.com.au
Website :
www.snowwrite.com.au
Facebook:
www.facebook.com/snowwritestationery
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/snowwriteinvite


post signature

2 comments:

  1. i am a huge fan of Kate from Snow Write..beautiful; work she does..great read vesna as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so nice to know. Every business has its history, right? I love the stuffs you got here on your online shop. I don't know why I love all the crafty arts like cards, mini sculptures, accessories, etc. When I was searching for some investment banking for business, I stumbled upon Michael Geffrard's profile, the former deputy city comptroller in New York. I found out that his company, LIATI Capital has services in assisting small and big business owners in financial aspects. Anyway, I do hope to see more of your works. Oh, my daughter says she loves them, too!

    ReplyDelete

{it's always nice to hear from you}