Monday 18 April 2011

Yummy Mummy Leanne - From Mrs A In The Cove


I have to admit, these days mums put a different side to their efforts in creating the perfect party for their kids or anyone in the family. The level of creativity that these fabulous mums can do to put on a grand show of that special day is very inspiring. Having said that, I would love you to meet our special guest Leanne Ambrogio, the creative mastermind behind the successful party styling business ~
{Mrs A In The Cove}.

Leanne's work is absolutely divine, her attention to detail is stunning and every dessert table is executed to perfection. I met Leanne for the very first time at Mathilda’s Markets last Christmas and recently I had the pleasure to catch up again at the {ABCD Meet Up}. Not only is she creative but she’s super stylish and very friendly. With a love of entertaining, Leanne has very quickly become a well-known party stylist and "The Queen" of dessert tables {Amy Atlas} has featured 3 of Leanne's parties. The lastest {bubblegum and soda} party for Sophia's 5th birthday is one of my favourite! The styling, colour palette and all the delicious sweets and candy are to die for! I’m so excited to have Leanne as our guest and share her amazing story with our readers.


Above, we have featured couple of Leanne's favourite styled parties. I would like to personally thank Leanne for being our {special guest} on MLJ blog today! Enjoy the interview below! xx


Tell us a little about YOU, the woman behind {Mrs A In The Cove}?

I'm Leanne. A Wife to a man who does the ironing and a mum to four little girls - three very cheeky monkeys here with me on earth and one precious angel who watches over us from above. I work from home and love being at home and thankfully I love the colour pink as I am surrounded by it.


When did you launch your business/blog and what is the inspiration behind the name?

My blog began in 2009 when we were building our house - I thought it would be a great way to document the beginnings of our new home - hence the name Mrs A In The Cove. It however developed into something more - I discovered a passion for styling and along the way created a business doing just that. My blog today is about many things - my life, my styling, my photography journey, my family, the parties tables I create for myself and for others.


What was your inspiration for starting your own business & who/what inspires your work?

My original inspiration came from the one and only Amy Atlas – I fell in love with how she made a dessert table look so special. Now I am inspired by the amazing blogging community – the inspiration on the internet is just truly amazing.


What is the most satisfying part of what you do?
Being able to come up with something new and different with each table I create.

What was the most rewarding thing that has happened in your career so far?
Being featured on Amy Atlas blog three times has been pretty incredible – to receive validation from the Queen of the dessert table is very exciting. I also get so much satisfaction from hearing from readers of my blog – it is always such a lovely surprise to get kind and generous comments in my inbox – they make me smile.

What would be your best 3 tips for someone thinking of styling their own dessert table?

- Don’t try and put too much on the table Stick to two or three colours when styling
- Keep your platers/cake stands white and simple


What is a favourite party theme and tell us what you love about it?

Circus – I love this theme as you can do vintage or modern, there are a number of different colour schemes you can use and the number of different foods that can be included in a circus themed party are endless.


What is your day-to-day like?

With 3 kids it is pretty busy – my two eldest are at school so once I have them off to school I usually come home and do a few things around the house and catch up on emails. Once Indi goes down for her sleep I am on the computer scouring and working out blog posts. Between 3.30-8pm it is then back on family duty with all that is involved in keeping up with the kids. After the girls go to bed I am back on the computer. I usually finalise my blog post for the day and work on business things. There is never much time to rest.


What is your favourite place in the world?

Apart from my home my favourite place in the world is Bali – I have been 8 times and each time I love it all the more – I love the lifestyle, the climate and the people –there is so much to see and do and it is a wonderful place to relax.

Email:
leanne@sweetstyle.com.au
Website:
www.sweetstyle.com.au
Blog:
www.mrsainthecove.blogspot.com
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mrs-A-In-The-Cove

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Great interview Ves! Mrs A in the Cove is my Amy Atlas! Love her blog and am always awed & inspired by her amazing dessert tables...

    Mwah! Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for highlighting her work, I've not spent much time reading her blog before, so must go check it out. The parties are lovely. Jane:)

    ReplyDelete

{it's always nice to hear from you}