Monday 2 January 2012

Our Camping Adventure...

{Mimosa Rocks National Park}

Firstly, i would like to wish you a Happy New Year; i hope you all had a fabulous time with your family and friends! Despite having never successfully followed through on a New Year’s resolution, yet each year I set myself a goal that drives me into the next 365 days. This year I have few “realistic” lifestyle goals which I would like to follow…work less, sleep more…eat less, drink more…worry less, enjoy life…and last one “do more of what makes me happy”!

The last few days have been exactly that! Camping is definitely not my forte but I must say that my hubby proved me wrong! The past 4 days have been so relaxing, I have entirely enjoyed spending quality time with my boys, building sand castles, going fishing, soaking up the sun, sitting by the fire and eating marshmallows, playing cards and catching up on some long needed beauty sleep…total bliss! Each morning we were woken up by the sound of the ocean waves, followed by a delicious breakfast and loads of fun activities.  There was no reception at the camping site so not being able to check my emails and update my status on facebook was exactly what I needed! Each night we sat by the campfire, while our dinner was cooking and we were surrounded by the beautiful wallabies. Aniken was beside himself! He kept saying “mama, look at the kangaroo’s” J bless!

What I loved the most is watching my boys go fishing while I was sitting with my feet up, soaking up the sun and reading my favourite magazines. Aniken was ecstatic when he caught his fist fish with his own fishing rod. The look on his face was priceless! Spending the time away with my family, made me think, how did I end up with the most amazing son and hubby in the whole world? They are both the greatest blessings in my life! xx





post signature

3 comments:

  1. Looks goregous Vesna! Where did you go camping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) We went to Mimosa Rocks National Park, the camping site is amazing...the views are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Vesna! What a wonderful way to start 2012!!

    ReplyDelete

{it's always nice to hear from you}