Recently I was invited to attend an exclusive bloggers event hosted by LG for the launch of their new smartphone Optimus G. I was lucky enough to receive my own smaphone by winning a spy mission! We were given a series of clues to make our way through, with a treasure chest waiting at the end, it was so much fun! With so much excitement I would like to announce that one lucky blog reader/facebook fan will have a chance to WIN this amazing LGOptimus G smartphone.
Coinciding with the launch of the highly anticipated Optimus G, dubbed by many as ‘THE SUPERPHONE’, LG Electronics Australia (LG) announced its aggressive go-to-market approach by leveraging its mobile phone heritage and proactively pursuing further technological developments in 4G / LTE (Long Term Evolution).
The best phone LG has ever produced, Optimus G represents the very best that LG offers in innovation and technology. Optimus G is a collaboration of some of the finest component makers on the planet coming together for a singular cause; to develop a standout smartphone that offers consumers practical features in line with LG’s commitment to making lives better.
“The Optimus G is a ground-breaking premium device not only for LG but also for the smartphone industry,” said Skropidis. “With the Optimus G, users will be able to experience unsurpassed features that will allow them to perform tasks that really enhance their daily lives.”
New Form of Multi-Tasking and Engaging UX
LG’s Optimus G enables multi-tasking on a scale not seen before in a smartphone:
- QSlide Function shows up to 3 apps simultaneously on one display. Users can open and run apps concurrently - such as sending a text message or searching the web while watching a video – and fade the apps transparency in and out for optimal viewing and usage.
- Dual Screen/Dual Play not only allows mirroring between the smartphone and a compatible TV, it also has the ability to display different content on the TV and the phone screen. For example, a slide presentation can be displayed on the TV while the Optimus G shows the accompanying speaking notes.
- QuickMemo allows users to capture screen images and write or draw a memo with their finger directly on the captured screen. Information can then be shared easily with friends as an attachment or URL. QuickMemo can also be used as an ‘overlay’ feature by jotting down a number and then transferring it to the phone dial pad, on the top layer of the screen, in order to easily reuse the information.
- Live Zooming enhances the video-watching experience as users can zoom in up to five times the original video picture size as it is played. For example you can zoom into a close-up of a child’s face amid a crowd while watching video from a school recital.
- Time Catch Shot enables the user to take a series of shots, with the phone buffering and holding images prior to the shutter button being pushed.
- In addition to Time Catch Shot, Optimus G’s camera will allow for capturing and seizing those special moments in users’ lives. Utilising the high resolution 13 MP camera, users will have the opportunity to capture their favourite scenes with:
- Smart Shutter senses camera vibration or the movement of the subject and adjusts the shutter speed for the best shot;
“With adoption of 4G/LTE expected to explode in 2013, we are sending a clear message to consumers with the Optimus G and Optimus F Series that LTE isn’t just for heavy content users and technophiles anymore. It’s for everyone.” With 62% of all Australians over the age of 16 now owning a smartphone and new purchasers favouring Android (averaging 58% in 2012), LG is poised to continue to build on its success following the launch of the L Series last year.
Optimus G Key Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 320 GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)
- Operating System: Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Network: 4G LTE / 3G / 2G
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS+ (1280x768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Cameras: 13MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL, DLNA, NFC
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment here (with your name and email address) and tell us why you would like to win the LG Optimus G smartphone! Entries close on Sunday, 28th of April '13 at 8:00pm (Eastern Standard Time). The winner will be drawn by Random.org and announced on Monday 29th of April '13 on our blog.
Disclaimer - this giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook. This giveaway is open to Australian Fans/Followers only. Good Luck! xx